When it comes to online gambling, no option can surpass slot machines in popularity. Whether you refer to them as slots, pokies, or fruit machines, these devices continually draw massive business for virtual casinos thanks to their easy-to-understand design and sometimes massive jackpots.
In this article, I’ll be providing a list of internet’s best slot machine casinos, an overview of online slots, and what you can expect when you begin to play. From the types of games available to some helpful tips for beginners, everything you need to get started should be within these pages.
Our Top Recommended Online Casinos
|Slots.lv review||Play NowSlots.lv|| 200% bonus up to $5,000|
|Wild Casino review||Play NowWild Casino|| 100% bonus up to $5,000|
|Ignition Casino review||Play NowIgnition Casino|| 100% bonus up to $1,000|
|Sloto Cash review||Play NowSloto Cash|| 200% bonus up to $2,000|
Types of Online Slots
While internet slot machines have a wide range of themes, they can also differ in their overall presentation. The following list includes some of the most common types of online slots, so you’ll never be at a loss when it comes time to play.
- Three-reel Slots – The classic version of the game, these slots are limited to three reels. They are often played by those who prefer a simple or nostalgic gaming experience.
- Five-reel Slots – Most modern slots fall into this category. The increase in paylines gives the player more betting options, and the increase in casino revenue also allows for larger payouts to be offered.
- Progressives – Each time the player spins a progressive slot, a certain percentage of their money goes into an ever-growing progressive jackpot. When the necessary symbol combination is obtained, the player receives the entire amount of the jackpot. The bonus then starts over at a predetermined level and begins to build again. Individual progressive slots are known as “standalones,” while those that are linked together are known as “network progressives.” These slots are tremendously popular due to their ability to offer life-changing payouts.
- Nudge Slots – Once the reels on these games have stopped spinning, symbols are nudged to the center payline from above or below. This can sometimes result in a losing spin being turned into a winner, something which always appeals to players.
- 3D Slots – While these games usually function like a traditional slot, they feature superior graphics and sound, as well as a three-dimensional immersive storyline and characters that almost seem to jump off the screen.
- Multi-payline Slots – This type of slot has multiple paylines that can be activated for each spin. The more lines activated, the larger the player’s required wager. This is perhaps the most common type of slot machine found at online casinos.
- Second Chance – Thanks to this relatively new feature, players have multiple chances to win during a spin. A bonus symbol is often included, and getting it to turn up on an active line results in a special payout (which usually doesn’t require a winning combination).
- Buy-a-Pay Slots – With a multi-payline game, you’re paying additional money to unlock extra paylines. With buy-a-pay slots, you’re risking extra coins in order to activate additional winning symbols. These aren’t found too often at online casinos, but players who do encounter them are always advised to play the maximum number of coins.
- Bonus Games – With a basic slot machine, the player has access to one set of spinning reels. If the slot comes with bonus games, however, the player can unlock one or more special rounds that allow for even greater winnings. Bonus games can take many forms, from requiring the player to select items on the screen to playing something akin to a video game. In a growing number of games, the largest payout may only be obtained by reaching a specific bonus round and then hitting a certain combination.
- Multipliers – Depending on the number of coins you risked, these slots increase your winnings by a specific multiple. For example, wagering two coins may result in a 2x multiplier, while three might increase it to 3x. A bonus multiplier traditionally offers an even larger increase for players who wager the maximum allowable amount during a spin.
Difference between Online and Land-based Slots
Given the advances in computer technology, there aren’t many significant differences between online and land-based slot machines. In fact, most of the leading designers of real-world slots also market their creations to the online market with very little alternation.
The most significant difference is the payout percentage, which is the amount that a slot is expected to pay back over time. A slot with a 98% payback, for example, would be expected to return 98 cents for every dollar wagered (this is an average determined over millions of spins).
Since online casinos don’t have as many expenses as their real-world counterparts, they can afford to take their extra revenue and convert some of it into larger winnings for players. This means the average online slot should have a higher payback percentage, which can result in more significant winnings for the player over the long haul.
Of course, there are also some tangible differences that have nothing to do with payouts. For example, you’ll never have to wait for a machine to become available at an online casino, and you’ll never have to worry about someone blowing cigarette smoke in your direction.
Tips for Playing Internet Slots
If you’ve never played at internet’s best casinos for online slots, this section is meant to provide some basic advice. While the following information won’t guarantee a winning session, it should ensure that you maximize both your profit potential and fun level.
Tip #1 – Avoid Slots Systems – These systems are supposed to increase your chances of winning, but they only wind up making you look foolish. The random number generator ensures that every spin is independent of the last, so there’s no pattern of behavior that’s going to generate consistent wins.
Tip #2 – Avoid Progressives – Since they offer massive payouts, the payback percentage on these machines is often lower. Unless you want to experience the thrill of spinning for a million dollars, skip the progressives and give the other slots a try.
Tip #3 – Take Your Time – Slots players can go through hundreds of spins each hour, and this can quickly erode your bankroll. If you just want to have a good time, play at a leisurely pace and make your money last as long as possible.
Tip #4 – Manage Your Bankroll – Always know how much money you can afford to lose. When you reach that limit, stop playing immediately. Remember: the goal is to have fun. If you lose sight of that objective, your bank account might be in for a rough time.
Tip #5 – Research Your Casino – Before you sign up and make a deposit with an online casino, do your homework. Numerous online watchdog sites can assist with this research, and it can mean the difference between sharing your bank account information with reputable individuals or con-artists.