Choosing secure and trustworthy online casinos is essential if you are going to gamble with real money online.
Here are our recommendations for the safest online casino sites.
|Rank||VA Gambling Site||Sign Up Bonus||Get Started|
|#1||Wild Casino||250% up to $5,000||Visit Site|
|#2||Las Atlantis||280% up to $14,000||Visit Site|
|#3||Bovada Casino||100% up to $3,000||Visit Site|
|#4||Super Slots||250% up to $6,000||Visit Site|
|#5||BetUS Casino||200% up to $5,000||Visit Site|
|#6||Ignition Casino||150% up to $1,500||Visit Site|
|#7||Cafe Casino||350% up to $2,500||Visit Site|
|#8||Slots.lv||200% up to $5,000||Visit Site|
Many people wonder if online gambling is safe and if the games are fair. How do you know if the site will actually payout or which sites protect your privacy? Those concerns are valid because some scam gambling sites don’t protect their customers. It is difficult to tell which sites you can trust and which ones you should stay away from.
We are here to help in two ways. First, we recommend some of the safest casinos online. Second, we explain how you can protect yourself while gambling online. Read the rest of this page to find out why our recommendations are trusted online casinos and how to spot scams for yourself.
How We Find Trustworthy Online Casinos
When it comes to online gambling, it is best to be skeptical. That includes being skeptical about recommendations, such as ours. To help you be certain that you can trust our recommendations, we want to explain the process we use to choose the safe online casinos we recommend.
Before we ever recommend a gambling site, we try it out for ourselves. We go through the entire process of depositing money, gambling, and requesting a withdrawal. That way, we know for sure how the site works in every way. We even contact customer service to see how long it takes them to respond.
After our initial review, we take things to the next level by researching the casino and the company that operates it. Here are some of the safety features we look for.
- Reasonable terms and conditions- We take the time to read through the casino’s policies to look for anything suspicious or predatory.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)- Safe casinos for real money gambling need secure, encrypted sites to protect your financial information. There are multiple levels of SSL, so we use that to find out how far the site goes to protect your information.
- Trustworthy software providers- The software providers that create the games affect how fair those games are, and they can affect payouts. Therefore, we only recommend safe gambling sites that work with reputable software companies.
- Licensing- Reputable online casinos need to be licensed by an appropriate online gambling authority. Some regulators are stricter than others.
- Auditing- The safest online gambling sites should submit to regular audits that check for fairness and appropriate business practices. If they don’t get audited, they probably have something to hide.
- Modern programming- To compete in the online gambling market, safe online gambling sites need to use modern programming, and the site needs to be easy to navigate. Outdated software or broken links are an indication of something suspicious.
- Fair games- There is no point in playing casino games if the game is rigged so that you never win. We check the games ourselves to make sure they work like they are supposed to.
We go to great lengths to find out as much as possible about a site before we recommend it. That includes researching it and actually using the site.
Why You Can Trust Our Recommendations and Reviews
There are plenty of other sites that offer recommendations for safe casino websites. Some of them even research the same things we do to choose the sites they recommend.
So, why should you trust our recommendations instead of theirs? We can’t tell you what happens on their end, but we can tell you a few things about us.
- We never accept money in exchange for a positive review.
- Our casino reviews include both the positives and the negatives of each site.
- We do not accept bribes for higher rankings in our recommendations list.
- Our reviews and recommendations are updated regularly. We adjust our rankings and recommendations when we find new information.
- Our team has over 15 years of experience with online gambling. We have played at some of the best and worst sites, so we know what to look for.
These sites are the same sites we recommend to our family and friends. More importantly, they are the same ones we use for ourselves.
You can trust our recommendations because we are here to share helpful information. We work hard to share as much information as we can so that you can make an informed decision.
Now that you know a little about our review process let’s explore some of the safety features we appreciate about these legit online casinos.
The Safest Online Casinos for US Players
Everyone needs to be cautious when they gamble online, but it is more important for American gamblers. There are few federal laws that protect online gamblers, and it is tough for the US government to enforce them. So, rogue operators can ofen scam Americans without fearing legal consequences.
You need to be mindful, but there are still plenty of safe real money online casinos in the US. Here is more information about the safest USA casino sites we recommend.
Vegas Casino Online – Most Transparent US Casino
We do whatever it takes to determine the policies that online gambling sites use to protect their customers. Some sites make it easier to find that information than others.
Vegas Casino Online is one example of the online casinos you can trust because it is transparent with its policies.
- They have a fair play tab on the main site menu. From there, you can learn about the software providers, auditing organizations, and the payment processors they use.
- Every month, the average payout percentage is assessed to make sure Vegas Casino Online actually pays its customers.
- The site keeps a paper trail of every transaction, and you can review your transaction record any time you want to.
All of this information is available to every gambler in plain language. Vegas Casino Online wants its customers to feel secure, as all the best safe online casinos do.
They are upfront and transparent about many of the things they do to protect their customers. That dedication to their customers carries over to other aspects of the site.
- Vegas Casino Online has a wide variety of games, including several progressive jackpots
- Their site is mobile-compatible with any internet-enabled device
- You can get a 400% match bonus with your first deposit
- They have a variety of banking methods with reasonable deposit/withdrawal limits
Some people might think the design of Vegas Casino Online is outdated. That is partially because the site has been operating since 1999. It is impressive that they have been operating for so long with no scandals and relatively few customer complaints.
The outdated design of the site itself shouldn’t bother you once you start playing the games. All of the games have the most up-to-date software available. As long as you can look past the outdated design, you can rest assured that Vegas Casino Online is one of the safest casino gambling apps and sites available.
- Excellent bonus offer worth up to $6,000 in matching bonus funds.
- They have an extensive collection of safe online slots and table games.
- The betting limits are higher than other sites. They accept wagers up to $12,500 on some games.
- Super Slots is a mobile-compatible gambling site that works with most devices
Don’t let the site’s name confuse you. They do have a large collection of slot games, but the fun does not stop there. You can enjoy plenty of table games, including live dealer games and several variants.
No matter what kinds of casino games you want to play, Super Slots is an excellent choice. It is one of the safest casino apps and websites available.
Las Atlantis – Regular Auditing
Las Atlantis is another one of the safe gambling sites we recommend. Their site’s fair gaming and security sections will tell you everything you need to know about the security features.
They use 256-bit SSL encryption to protect player information, as well as anti-fraud technology. Technical Systems Testing is the auditing organization that tests the games and software regularly to ensure fairness.
If players do run into issues, you can access the Central Dispute System website directly from a link at the bottom of any Las Atlantis page. The Central Dispute System is a mediation service that will investigate any payment issues on your behalf.
Both of these organizations are prevalent within the online gambling community. Their services help protect customers and casinos alike. You can trust that the games you play on Las Atlantis are fair and random, as you’d expect at one of the safest real money online casinos. There are also plenty of games available. Here are some other things you will appreciate about Las Atlantis.
- Ten different bonus offers are available for new and existing customers. You can choose the bonus offer that works best for you.
- Las Atlantis doesn’t charge transaction fees on deposits or withdrawals.
- The site has a unique underwater theme that shows off the latest software and programming features.
Las Atlantis is an excellent gambling site for slot players in particular because they have several free spins bonus offers. Every gambler can appreciate the fast fee-free transactions they offer.
It is the safest online casino for real money gambling with a distinctive theme and easy Bitcoin withdrawals.
Wild Casino – Offers Large Payouts
How gambling operators handle payouts is often a clue that distinguishes online casinos that are safe from scam casinos. They have to use responsible business practices to make sure that they have enough money to pay out quickly. So high withdrawal limits are one of the indicators we look for.
Wild Casino is one of the safest casinos for gambling with money because they have high withdrawal limits. All of their cryptocurrency banking options allow withdrawals of up to $100,000. You can also get up to $25,000 with a wire transfer.
Compare that to other sites with limits of $2,000 or $5,000. Wild Casino is handling their funds very well if they can afford to offer $100,000 payouts with 1-3 day processing times. Being one of the most secure online casino sites is only one of the benefits of Wild Casino.
- They have a vast game collection, including two different live dealer game studios.
- You can get up to $5,000 in match funds for your first few deposits.
- Cryptocurrency users have additional incentives with multiple crypto-specific bonuses.
High-stakes players will appreciate the high withdrawal limits at Wild Casino. Everyone else will appreciate that they have a wide variety of games, bonuses, and banking options. It’s not hard to see why Wild Casino is one of the safest casino websites available in the US.
BetUS – Longstanding Reputation
One of the most crucial indicators of safe real money casinos online is their reputation. The online gambling community often uses forums to discuss any issues with a particular site. You can find out a lot of information about a site by reading some of those forums.
BetUS is one of the trusted casino apps we recommend because it has a long history with a positive reputation. That doesn’t mean that BetUS has never had problems. The site launched in 1994, making them one of the first online gambling sites on the market.
During the first few years, they had several complaints about poor customer service and slow payouts. Fortunately, they responded to those complaints by overhauling their management team. Under new management, BetUS has addressed the issues that caused problems for customers in the past. They have spent the past several years rebuilding their reputation.
Now, BetUS has a long history with thousands of happy customers. Here are some of the reasons why their customers love them.
- The site is known for having extensive betting and casino options.
- They have multiple bonus offers, so you can choose the offer that works for your game preferences.
- BetUS has playthrough requirements of 30x for casino games. That is one example of the site’s reasonable terms and conditions.
With nearly three decades of experience, it is not surprising that BetUS has had a few complaints. It is more important to know that they have heard those complaints and addressed them. The site has proven its dedication to its customers by addressing complaints, resolving issues, and hiring a new management team.
They have gained a positive reputation with the online community based on their dedication to improving their customers’ experiences. That is why BetUS is one of the safest casino gambling sites.
Fast Payments – A Good Feature of Safe Online Casinos
Fast payouts might not be the first thing you think about when looking for the safest casino sites. Payout policies are more important than you think. They are actually an excellent way to identify secure casinos online.
Gambling sites manage thousands of transactions and wagers every day. If they are one of the safe online casino sites, they will manage their money responsibly. That means that they have enough money on hand to pay any customer that requests a withdrawal. They also have reasonable payout policies in place.
Gambling sites that don’t have enough money on hand will delay payouts or change their policies to avoid paying. That is a sign that the company is not operating responsibly. Here are a few examples of responsible policies from legit casino apps and websites and a few examples of policies from suspicious sites.
Standard Policies Among Safe Casino Gambling Sites:
- Processing time of 1-3 business days for identity and transaction verification
- Slow payments due to factors outside of the site’s control (i.e., bank verification or mail delivery times)
- The site delivers payments when they say they will
- Reasonable withdrawal limits (typically around $5,000 per week)
- Multiple withdrawal options
- Responsive customer service who can quickly answer questions
- Payouts delayed because the site requires additional documentation
- Payouts denied because of cheating or violating site policy
- Unexplained processing times of 2 weeks or more
- The expected payment time changes often
- Low maximum withdrawal limits
- The customer service representatives refuse to give you a straight answer
- Payouts delayed or denied without explanation
- Limited banking methods for payouts
- The site changes its payout policies frequently
- Payouts take more than a month, regardless of banking method
- Offering partial payments instead of paying the whole withdrawal amount
The bottom line is that the money in your account belongs to you. The best and most secure online casinos can get your money to you as quickly as possible.
Any site that can’t get your money to you in a timely fashion should be avoided. If they make excuses to delay your withdrawal or change the expected withdrawal time, that is a bad sign.
Here are the payment times for our recommended gambling sites. This information will give you an idea of what reasonable processing times are for various banking methods.
|Casino||Banking Method 1||Banking Method 2||Banking Method 3||Banking Method 4|
|Vegas Casino Online||Bitcoin
Less than 48 hours
5-7 business days
|Check by mail
Up to 2 weeks
|Check by courier
Up to 2 weeks
Less than 48 hours
|Check by courier
Up to 2 weeks
|Bank wire transfer
7-15 business days
1-3 business days
3-4 business days
3-4 business days
5 business days
Less than 48 hours
|Check by courier
Up to 2 weeks
|Bank wire transfer
7-15 business days
|Check by courier
Up to 2 weeks
|Bank wire transfer
7-15 business days
We also have another guide where we recommend the fastest paying online casinos and give you tips for how to get paid as quickly as possible.
How to Avoid Rogue Online Casinos
Avoiding scam sites is just as crucial as finding reliable online casinos. Unfortunately, it is difficult to avoid them if you don’t know what you are looking for. Here are a few examples of red flags we look for to identify rogue gambling sites.
- No gambling license is listed on their site, or the license they list cannot be verified.
- Some organizations offer licenses without any player protection policies. Sites that choose to get a license from those organizations are probably up to something.
- If the paytables for specific games are different from one site to another, it might be a sign of pirated software.
- Flashy promotions with unreasonable terms and conditions are another red flag. Legitimate online casinos have reasonable playthrough requirements.
- Sending email scams with bogus promotional offers
- Issues with slow or denied payments
- Refusing to pay jackpot winners
Issues with payments and withdrawals are the most concerning. If you begin to notice any of these red flags, cash out your money and close your account as quickly as possible. Identifying rogue online casinos is not easy because they often operate under the radar. The internet gives them some anonymity that makes it easy to hide what they are doing.
For example, individual clients might have issues with getting payments, but they think it is just a fluke. Those customers don’t talk to other customers, so they don’t realize it is a common issue.
Fortunately, the online gambling community has used forums and other digital resources to identify the sites that are not safe casinos online. We have created a blacklist of known scammers that do not offer safe real money casino gambling. It is not an exhaustive list, but you can protect yourself by avoiding these sites.
Online Casino Gambling Safety Tips
Protecting yourself while gambling online starts with choosing safe casino sites, but that is just the beginning. Here are a few tips you can use to protect yourself while using safe gambling apps with casino games.
Check the Footer
You can learn a lot about a gambling site by looking at the footer at the bottom of the page. That is because licensing organizations require specific information to be displayed. The footer should contain information about the licensing authority, preferred banking methods, the organization that tests the games, and problem gambling.
Most trusted casinos online use logos to represent the various organizations and companies. Some of the logos might be hyperlinks that will take you to more information. It is a good idea to test those links for yourself. If broken links take you to error pages, the site may have just used the logo without getting a license.
Research the Licensing Authority
Once you have verified that a site has a valid gambling license, you need to know more about who gave it to them. Different licensing agencies have different policies. Some are far more strict than others.
For example, the UK Gambling Commission has policies about sites monitoring return to player percentages. The site also has to provide financial information before it can get licensed.
Curacao is a very hands-off licensing authority. They offer broad gambling licenses with very few requirements. Because of these differences, you will find that the UKGC probably licenses the safest casino gambling sites.
That doesn’t mean sites licensed in Curacao are untrustworthy. They just don’t have as many rules to follow as those licensed by the UKGC. Here is a resource you can use to find out about the licensing policies from various authorities.
Problem Gambling Prevention
Rogue gambling sites are out to make a profit, no matter who gets hurt in the process. Secure casino sites want what is best for their customers, including those with problem gambling tendencies.
Instead of taking advantage of people with a gambling addiction, the safest online casinos have options to prevent problem gambling. Here are a few of the prevention techniques gambling sites can offer.
- Autoplay loss limits- Safe online casino games often have autoplay features, so players don’t have to press the spin/bet button repeatedly. These features should have advanced settings that allow you to set loss limits so that you don’t lose more money than you wanted to.
- Player controls- Similarly, many of the safest casino apps and sites allow you to set deposit and time limits for your account. That way, you can’t keep depositing when you lose money, and you can’t spend the entire day gambling.
- Self-exclusion- Self-exclusion is one of the most effective tools for fighting gambling addiction in land-based casinos. Secure mobile casinos and websites allow you to self-exclude for a period of time when you need to.
- Low deposit limits- Recreational gamblers typically do not want to risk more than a few thousand dollars on online gambling. Deposit limits prevent problem gamblers from depositing more than they can afford to lose.
Safe mobile casinos and websites use these and other techniques to prevent problem gambling issues because they care about their customers. You might never use the self-exclusion or player control options, but you should check to see if the site has them.
Whether these prevention techniques get used or not, they are still a sign that you are using a trustworthy and reputable site that puts players’ wellbeing over profits.
Check the Terms and Conditions Page
We get it. No one wants to read terms and conditions. USA Today says that 91% of people agree to terms of service without ever reading them. Clicking the box to agree without ever reading the terms and conditions has become a habit in today’s virtual society. You shouldn’t do that if you want to gamble online safely.
Reading the terms you agree to is crucial for safe online gambling. Rogue sites often include predatory terms that make it impossible for you ever to withdraw your funds. For example, most gambling sites offer a welcome bonus with a wagering requirement.
The wagering requirement is there to make sure people don’t just accept the bonus funds and withdraw without ever playing a game. Safe online casinos for real money gambling have reasonable wagering requirements between 20-50x. Sites with wagering requirements of 70x or more make it virtually impossible to play enough to cash out.
When you agree to the terms and conditions of the bonus, you agree that the site can hold your funds until you meet that wagering requirement. You need to know precisely what you are agreeing to. The only way to do that is actually to read the terms and conditions page for yourself.
Use Secure Connections and Passwords
It is your responsibility to make sure you are using secure devices and connections when you access online gambling sites.
There is nothing the site can do if your account gets hacked because of an insecure connection. Here are a few things you can do to protect yourself.
- Make sure your device is up to date. Software updates often include security and antivirus measures. Outdated software is easier to hack, which could expose your information.
- Use safe and private wifi networks. Free networks that are available to the public are not protected. Other people on the same network can access your bank information or other data. It is better to use your mobile data network when you are playing on the safest mobile casinos.
- Choose strong passwords and change them regularly. Use numbers, letters, and special characters in your password. Make sure the password isn’t too similar to identifying information like your birthday or pin number.
- Turn off your Bluetooth when using mobile gambling sites. Bluetooth connectivity makes it easy for other people to connect to your device and access your information.
- Never give your password or identifying information out. If you are contacting customer service, they can verify your birthday, address, or telephone number. You should not need to tell them your password or credit card number. Secure casino apps and websites will not ask for private information via email.
- Use common sense. If something seems out of place or suspicious, do not click on the link.
Many of these practices apply to other online activities, but they are more critical when your financial information is involved. It is better to be proactive and overly cautious instead of reacting when there is a problem.
The best ways to protect yourself while gambling online are to verify licensing information, reading terms and conditions, and using secure connections.
Are Online Casino Apps Safe for Real Money Gambling?
Some people think it is safer to use a computer to gamble online instead of using a cell phone or tablet. That isn’t always true. There are plenty of safe mobile casinos you can use to gamble on the go. All of the safe real money casinos we recommend have mobile-compatible software. You can access their site from your mobile device the same way you would on the computer.
There is no difference between the desktop and mobile versions of the site because they both use the same software. You still need to do your part to protect yourself. Choosing the safest mobile casinos is just as important as choosing a trustworthy gambling site for your computer.
If you do plan on using trusted casino apps on the go, you need to be mindful of your connection. Wifi networks are not always secure. Do not connect to public wifi networks when you are playing games on your phone. It is also essential to make sure you are not connected to Bluetooth.
As long as you use these common-sense practices, gambling on an app or mobile site is just as safe as using your computer. No matter what device you want to use, you can safely gamble online. All you need to do is choose a licensed and reputable online casino and protect yourself by using internet security practices. Our recommended safe casino sites at the top of this page are an excellent place to start.