You’ve probably seen 1,000 pages providing junk slots tips and advertising systems to beat slots which simply don’t work.
We feel your pain. The truth is, when we first started playing, we came across the exact same “systems.” They never work, and the only party making any money is the one selling you the system, and the only person getting tricked is you.
That’s not the sort of page you’ve landed on today, you’ll be glad to know. Instead, this page will provide you with common sense slots tips which you can use no matter what your bankroll or what type of game you’re playing.
Best of all, all these tips for slots are 100% free! We won’t ask you for a dime. So, without further ado, let’s dive right in.
Slots Tip One – Do Your Research
If you don’t understand the subtle differences between the various slot games online, that’s going to cause you problems.
We know how common it is for players to waste thousands of dollars playing games with low RTPs, zero worthwhile features, and underwhelming jackpots, when all the while they could have been playing world-class slots with fun (lucrative) features and mega jackpots.
Doing your research before picking a slot game is key. You’ll want to know the following, at a minimum:
- What company created the game? Not all slots software companies are equal. Some are trustworthy, while others aren’t. Some design slick slots with cool features, while others create second-rate games which get old fast. Find out who created the game, and do your research on them.
- What is the slot RTP? The return to player is the average return a slot pays out (expressed as a percentage) over time. Obviously, a slot with an RTP of 97% is preferable to a slot with an RTP of 92%.
- What’s the cost per spin? Everyone has a bankroll/budget, and there are endless slots to suit everyone. Make sure you understand the minimum/maximum bet limits before picking a game, or you could end up with empty pockets quickly.
- What’s the jackpot? There’s a phenomenal difference between a slot with a jackpot of 2,000x and a slot with a jackpot of 10,000x. Of course, a progressive jackpot worth millions is even better. What many players don’t know is that slots with bigger jackpots often don’t cost more per spin to play. So, why play for a smaller jackpot when you can play for larger payouts for the same amount per spin?
- What features does it offer? Free spins, multipliers, scatter pays, and picking rounds are all extra opportunities to pocket cash. It’s worth searching for slot games with great features. Not only do they make the games more fun to play, but they can line your pockets, too.
You can find most of this information out in a game’s paytable and by playing free versions of it. You can also read expert slot reviews to get detailed information on any given game.
Slots Tip Two – Have a Game Plan
Do you know how most slots players lose? It’s due to getting carried away in a haze of greed and excitement or despondency and chasing losses. Neither is healthy, and in a way, you could say these emotions lead most players to defeat themselves.
It’s important to approach a slot machine with a strategy or game plan. We all know the machine is controlled by a random number generator and that complex game strategies are unnecessary and ineffective. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have a strategy to manage your bankroll.
You should always go in with “maximum loss amount” in mind and walk away no matter what once you hit it. Likewise, you should go in with a “win limit” amount and walk away when you hit it.
Most players can walk away when they lose their initial bankroll, but it’s far harder to walk away when you’re up 50x and are gunning for 500x. There’s a tendency to almost get high from the winning streak and begin making irrational decisions. It’s this greed and bullishness that will cause you to lose what you’ve won and then some.
If you started with $100 and are up to $5,000, think about calling it quits while you’re ahead. Alternatively, decide you’re willing to risk 10% of what you’ve won to get to the next level, then walk away when you lose that.
Also, never chase losses. When your initial bankroll is gone, live to spin another day.
Slots Tip Three – Take Advantage of Slots Bonuses
Lots of people are opposed to taking advantage in principle, but heck, casinos are more than happy to take our money, so our theory is that we’re taking all we can get our hands on to have even a slight advantage.
How do you do so? By playing on a casino’s need to attract new customers through bonus offers like free spins deals.
Make no mistake about it – a casino will empty your wallet without remorse, so don’t feel bad about signing up at multiple casinos, taking all the free spins offers you can get, and withdrawing what you win.
Here are some pointers to remember when dealing with free spins offers:
- Shop around. There are hundreds upon hundreds of slots free spins offers online. Not all of them are worth taking. Make sure you’re getting deals with fair terms and conditions.
- Assess terms. This is related to the above point. Check out the wagering conditions, minimum deposits, and maximum withdrawals of any free spins offer.
- Go for it. Once you find a free spins offer you like the look of, whether it be a no-deposit free spins offer or welcome bonus spins, bet the maximum value per spin. You want your wins to be as big as possible. Since these spins are free, you can go for broke and take extra risks.
Another hot slots tip that many players overlook is to negotiate! There’s nothing to stop you from taking a proactive approach and contacting the customer service team and negotiating some free spins in return for a deposit. There’s no guarantee you’ll get a deal, but as the old saying goes, If you don’t ask, you don’t get!
Slots Tip Four – Test Your Strategy on Free Slots
Now, we said above that most slots systems sold online don’t work. That remains true, but that doesn’t mean you can’t try different common-sense strategies within a specific game.
If a game is highly volatile, that means it will pay out infrequently but will pay out either in clusters or large amounts when it does pop. Therefore, some players prefer to find these types of games, bet small stakes until they have lost five or ten spins in a row, then up the bet size in anticipation of the inevitable payout.
Another easy slots strategy is to bet larger stakes in the knowledge that one win can cancel out all of the losses in a split second. If you’re going to try this one, it’s best to find games with lots of lucrative features, such as 5x or 10x multipliers in a free spins bonus round with expanding wilds or high-value picking games.
Of course, the best way to test the features (and how potentially lucrative they could be) is via free play, too. That’s double the reason to play slots for free!
Slots Tip Five – Try to Have Fun
Remember that no matter what you do, how hard you try, or what schemes you come up with to manipulate slot games, these games are ultimately determined by random number generators.
What does this mean? It means they’ll pay out when they’re mathematically programmed to do so, and not a second before it.
Therefore, the best way to approach video slots is as a fun way to spend some time, and if you win money, all the better!
Never bet what you can’t afford to lose, always know when to walk away before you lose what you’ve won, and try to have fun with the various features and cool extras modern video slots offer.