Cryptocurrencies are changing the online casino landscape at a rapid clip, so it only makes sense that the best online gambling review site on the web has an information resource dedicated to them.
The LegitGamblingSites.com team has been around since the beginning of online casino gaming. We’ve seen it go through a few technological revolutions and changes in that time.
From the rise of mobile devices and the casino apps that followed to the birth of live dealer games to the beginnings of the age of VR games to the ever-increasing number of cryptocurrency gambling sites, observing all of this has given us a good sense of what’s to come. We’re certain that cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin will play a growing role in online gambling in the future.
So what are the best crypto casinos? How do they work? What do you need to get started playing at them? What are the pros and cons of using them? As usual, we’re going to cover all of that and more today.
Of course, if you’re already a crypto whiz and are simply looking for the top crypto casino sites to play at, take your pick from the options below.
Our Top Recommended Casino Gambling Sites
|Las Atlantis review||
280% up to $14,000
||Visit Site Las Atlantis|
|Wild Casino review||
250% up to $5,000
||Visit Site Wild Casino|
125% up to $2,500
||Visit Site BetUS|
50% up to $1,000
||Visit Site BetOnline|
50% bonus up to $250
||Visit Site Bovada|
Why Are These the Best Online Crypto Casinos?
We have important standards that we apply to all of the casinos we recommend. However, there are a few special things to consider when dealing with crypto casinos. These are the reasons we recommend the sites above.
They’re Safe and Fair
However, crypto casinos have built-in technology that makes them safer and fairer than most other casinos. Even some crypto veterans are surprised when they hear about this provably fair gambling.
We’ll talk more about that a little later. All we’ll say for now is that it makes it impossible for the casinos to cheat. Combined with the transparent nature of most blockchains, this means you don’t have to rely on trusted third parties to certify a crypto casino safe and fair. You can do that for yourself.
They Accept Multiple Cryptos
While lots of the mainstream casinos are just about wrapping their heads around Bitcoin, these casinos are already accepting Ethereum, Litecoin, Dash, Zcash, and some others.
We’re not saying they all accept these cryptocurrencies, but if you work your way through the sites listed above, you’ll find at least one site accepting the cryptos named here.
They Pay on the Spot
Given this, what would be the point of playing at a casino that takes days or weeks to verify payouts? While some great casinos do have a pending period, you’ll still want to get your money instantly once the cashier clears it.
As you’ll no doubt already know, some cryptos move at the speed of light and can move across the globe in seconds. That’s why we think it’s so important that crypto casinos be quick to verify payouts. The faster they are, the higher up our list of approved sites you’ll find them.
They’re Open to Almost Anyone
This is called a permissionless system, and it enables crypto casinos to accept players from almost anywhere. Even where there are tight online gambling restrictions, most crypto casinos will still allow you to play.
Hey, what’s the point of having a permissionless money system and then telling people how they can use it? Seems a bit contradictory, right?
Which Cryptos Can I Use to Gamble Online?
A quick look at popular cryptocurrency websites like CoinMarketCap.com will show you that there are thousands of cryptocurrencies. However, the vast majority of these are not used at online casinos.
The number of cryptos used for gambling by most people is about a half dozen. Let us give you a quick rundown of what they are so that you can decide for yourself which is best for you.
- Bitcoin – This is the king of cryptos. It’s the most liquid, meaning you’ll never have trouble cashing it out even if you win millions. It’s also widely accepted. There are heaps of Bitcoin gambling sites. However, it’s no longer the fastest or cheapest cryptocurrency to use.
- Ethereum – This is what’s known as a utility token. Entire casinos will likely be built on the Ethereum blockchain in the not so distant future. For now, ETH can be used to fund crypto casino accounts. It’s fast, and transactions are cheaper than Bitcoin. However, it’s not as widely accepted.
- Litecoin – This is often compared to “silver,” whereas Bitcoin is compared to “gold.” Litecoin is extremely fast and cheap to transact in. It’s also highly liquid and widely accepted. There are no real downsides to using Litecoin other than that it isn’t quite as valuable as Bitcoin.
- Dash – This is one of the privacy-focused cryptocurrencies. Dash is extremely fast (transactions take only a few minutes) and is widely accepted both at online casinos and in the real world. If you’re concerned with gambling privately, you’ll want to look closer at Dash.
- Zcash – This is yet another privacy-focused cryptocurrency. It’s not as well-known as Dash, but many claim its technology is superior since it was built on the original Bitcoin blockchain. There are lots of Zcash casinos reviewed here on the site.
- Monero – This is the ultimate privacy coin. Monero transactions are literally impossible to trace. It’s one of the best-known cryptocurrencies. The only downside is that there aren’t as many Monero casinos as compared to BTC casinos.
Which cryptocurrency is right for you will depend on what you’re looking for in a gambling site. If you’re a beginner, we’d highly recommend starting with Bitcoin or Litecoin. These cryptocurrencies are widely available on cryptocurrency exchanges, are fast and cheap to use, and lots of casinos accept them.
As it turns out, the pros and cons of using crypto casinos remain roughly the same regardless of which coin you use. Let’s consider those next.
Why Are Crypto Casinos So Popular?
Crypto casinos are becoming a viable option for many players and a preferred option for others. Some of the reasons for this include:
- Cost Savings – Most cryptocurrencies are cheaper to use than other casino payment methods. The main cost is the initial purchase on an exchange. After that, you can send thousands for pennies on most networks. Compare that to the 1.45% Skrill charges for every transaction you send, and the cost savings quickly add up.
- Transaction Speeds – Despite being the best-known cryptocurrency, Bitcoin is actually one of the slowest nowadays. When we say slow, we mean confirmation times take around 45 minutes. That’s still lightning fast compared to the 5-7 days bank transfers take.
- Enhanced Privacy – While there are advanced privacy coins like Zcash that can make your financial transactions disappear from all scrutiny, even the non-privacy coins like Bitcoin offer enhanced privacy. For example, your gambling transactions will not show up on any bank or card statement.
- Permissionless System – We mentioned this above but would like to talk more about it here. If you’re in a country where regulations block banks and payment providers from processing financial transactions related to gambling, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are like a jetpack you can use to blast over that wall.
- Massive Bonuses – There’s zero doubt that Bitcoin casino bonuses are whoppers compared to bonuses denominated in USD and other currencies. Take a look at some of the offers above. Some of them are as big as 100% deposit matches up to 1BTC. That’s huge.
- Provably Fair – Lots of crypto casinos are provably fair. You’ll be able to verify game outcomes after each hand or spin. You’ll also be able to feed your own numbers into the game algorithm, so the casino doesn’t have complete control. Check out this provably fair gambling section for a deeper look at how it all works.
The Less Attractive Side of Crypto Casinos
We’re not the type of site that gives you the used car salesman pitch and hopes you’ll just believe us. We see it as our job to give you the facts in a non-biased way and let you decide for yourself what’s right for you. In this spirit, there are a few things we’d like to inform you about before you jump at the crypto casinos recommended here.
Addresses are long and ugly, and sending them can give even the most tech-savvy people the jitters.
There’s a lot of work to be done here, and it’s one of the main reasons crypto casinos aren’t catching on as fast as they could be.
This can put the more risk-averse, strategic gamblers who like to grind out a percentage slowly off using them.
That’s fair enough, and if you fit that profile, cryptos might not be the best choice for you unless you cash them out or spend them quickly.
Therefore, there are fewer crypto casinos than there are casinos which accept USD, GBP, EUR, etc. This could change in time, but for right now, it’s the case.
We think these potential downsides are small in comparison to the advantages crypto casinos can bring to the table. Most of them can be eliminated – for example, by taking your time to learn how to use them safely and by cashing out right away when you win a jackpot.
We’ll leave that decision for you to make for yourself. If you feel the advantages are greater than the disadvantages, go ahead and check out some of our top-rated crypto casinos.
Your Questions About Crypto Casinos Answered
How do I use crypto casinos? Is it easy to get started?
Crypto casinos are basically the same as regular ones. The only real difference is how you fund them. You’ll have to buy your cryptocurrencies on an exchange and then send them to your casino wallet. After that, you can play games as usual, and your balance will be updated automatically.
If I win a crypto jackpot, how can I spend it?
There are lots of merchants who now accept cryptocurrency, so it’s possible to spend your cryptocurrency directly. At the very least, you can transfer it into Bitcoin and spend that. Otherwise, you can cash your jackpots out on a cryptocurrency exchange like Coinbase. You could also store your jackpot on a hardware wallet and see if it increases in value over time.
How can I avoid scam crypto casinos?
There are a few things we’d recommend if you want to avoid getting burned. First, stick with our recommended sites. We justify our decision to recommend them in our casino reviews. Take your time to read those and understand the strengths and weaknesses of each site. Second, play at provably fair sites. Lastly, play at sites where all transactions are visible on the site. This makes cheating impossible.
What is the blockchain? How does it work in relation to crypto casinos?
While “blockchain” is somewhat of a buzzword these days, it can be likened to a fancy public spreadsheet that is super secure and can’t be altered except by consensus among all users. This means you can see all transactions and prove them immediately.
For example, a casino could never claim you didn’t make a deposit, as you and everyone else using a given coin could see it on their copy of the blockchain. Likewise, a casino couldn’t falsify game payout numbers, as they would be verifiable by anyone. While it’s simple enough, the implications are profound. It could totally eliminate fraud and corruption from the online casino space. That’s something we would love to see.
Which cryptocurrency is best for casino players?
Each coin has its strengths and weaknesses, but you really can’t go wrong with Bitcoin. We recommend using that, to begin with. Once you’re familiar with Bitcoin casinos and how they work, you can investigate some of the others and see what they offer.
What are cryptocurrency faucets? Can I get free crypto using them?
Crypto faucets are a feature of many top crypto gambling sites. They reward you with micro amounts of cryptocurrency which you can then use to gamble. Due to minimum withdrawal stipulations, you won’t be able to get them out unless you go on a run and get lucky. However, it’s free play, so who’s complaining?