So, you’re looking for a legit real money casino which is open to Australian players? Well, you’ve come to the right place. We’re online casino specialists and are here to guide you through the jungle of the online casino world.
On this page, we’ll explain how we rank the real money casinos we’ve selected to make our “recommended” list, we’ll outline some of the small things you might not look for initially, and we’ll show you which Australian real money casinos we think are worth playing at.
All of the Australian real money casinos you see recommended on this page share the following characteristics:
- Only Trustworthy and Reputable Sites Selected
- Easy Deposits and Quick Withdrawals
- Customers from Australia Are Accepted
Our Top Recommended Australia Gambling Sites
|Rank||VA Gambling Site||Sign Up Bonus||Get Started|
|#1||Las Atlantis||280% up to $14,000||Visit Site|
|#2||BetUS Casino||150% up to $3,000||Visit Site|
|#3||El Royale||250% up to $12,500||Visit Site|
|#4||Super Slots||300% up to $6,000||Visit Site|
|#5||Vegas Casino||100% up to $11,000||Visit Site|
|#6||Wild Casino||250% up to $5,000||Visit Site|
Why Bother Taking the Time to Research Aussie Real Money Casinos?
That’s a great question, and one we’re more than happy to answer. There are a few good reasons to do your research before picking an Australian real money casino site.
(1) You’ll Save Yourself from an Unpleasant Experience
You wouldn’t be the first player to register at a rogue casino site and experience the pain of losing your deposit, getting a refusal when you try to make a withdrawal, or having your card details stolen.
Unfortunately, there are bad real money casino sites out there. Luckily, they can be avoided by doing your due diligence. Sites like this one exist to bring you all the necessary information in one place, so you don’t have to spend hours researching different sources.
Trust us; you don’t want to experience the worst of what rogue casinos can do. You want to avoid them like the plague.
(2) You’ll Potentially Get Free Casino Cash to Sign Up
While there’s no denying that you’ll ultimately end up paying to play at an Australian real money casino, there are plenty of sites out there offering free spins, deposit bonuses, and other rewards for becoming a new player.
While most of these require you to make a deposit, and there will be some terms and conditions attached, there are others which offer no deposit bonuses. These will truly allow you to play for free.
Why sign up at a casino which offers you nothing in exchange for your patronage when you can sign up at a site which rewards you both to begin with and as you keep playing?
Online Australian real money casinos should give you a financial incentive to sign up and play.
(3) You’ll Enjoy a Better Overall Experience
There are 1,001 little things you won’t know about an online casino just from visiting the site and checking it out. That’s where experts who have actually registered and played at the casinos in question come in.
Things like payout speeds, how responsive and helpful the customer service team is, and whether or not the games are trustworthy, reliable, and feature-rich all add up to make or break your experience.
It’s much better to find one great site which offers everything you want, rather than having to jump from site to site or register accounts at several less than stellar casinos to get everything you’re looking for.
Questions We Ask Ourselves When Assessing Australian Casinos for Real Money
You might be wondering how we came up with the list of casino sites in the table above. Again, we’re committed to full transparency and are happy to show you how casinos make (or don’t make) our shortlist.
Our experts ask the following questions when considering a site for our list of best online Australian real money casinos.
- Is the casino safe?
- Is it run by a legitimate and trustworthy operator?
- Is the connection secure and encrypted?
- Does the casino have a valid gaming license?
All of these factors matter a great deal. In fact, they’re the first things we inquire about when checking a casino out.
If a site is deemed unsafe, we don’t even go any further with the review. It’s all over as soon as we sense a potential security problem.
- Are the games provided by reputable, established companies?
- Do the games load quickly and play smoothly/reliably?
- Are the game payouts published?
- Are the game payouts verified by trusted third parties?
- Is there plenty of variety covering all of the main game types such as slots and card games?
- Is there a live casino? If so, who operates/manages it?
- Can the games be played for free without creating an account?
Of course, not every single one of these boxes has to be ticked, but we prefer to see the majority of them met before recommending a casino. If we see lots of great games from the world’s top software providers, and we’re sure we can trust them, then we’re happy to move on to the rest of the review.
- Are there plenty of ways to make deposits at the casino?
- Are there an equal number of ways to withdraw winnings?
- Are the payouts fast when requested?
- Are there any fees associated with making deposits and withdrawals?
- Are cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum accepted?
- Are there withdrawal limits? If so, are they reasonable?
- Are there any banking policies in the terms and conditions which concern us?
- Are there any verification processes which need to be met before making withdrawals?
These are exactly the sorts of questions inexperienced online casino players are likely to overlook. That’s where our reviews come in. We cover these questions in detail in each review and give each casino a score based on the answers we uncover.
- Are there any welcome bonuses available?
- If so, are there any wagering requirements, and are they fair?
- Are there any restrictions on what you can withdraw if you win using bonus cash (conversion limits)?
- What are the minimum deposits required to activate the bonuses?
- Are there daily or weekly bonuses for regular players?
- Does the casino offer a loyalty program with generous rewards?
- Are any bonus codes required to activate the bonus offers?
Casino bonus terms and conditions are a minefield, and most people find them so off-putting that they barely even read them. Our aim is to make them simple and easy to understand. That’s how we lay them out in our reviews.
- Does the casino offer customer support via email?
- How about live chat, WhatsApp, or some other form of instant messaging?
- Does the casino offer telephone support? If so, is it tollfree?
- Is customer support available 24/7? If not, what are the hours of operation?
- Does the casino have social media accounts like Facebook and Twitter?
- Is there an FAQ section which answers the important questions?
- Are the customer support agents helpful and professional?
You likely won’t think much about a casino’s customer support until you need it.
Of course, by that stage, you’ve likely already signed up and played with real money. That can be a problem when you find out the customer service is subpar.
- Does the site also offer betting on sports?
- If so, is esports betting included?
- Is there a poker room? If so, are there live tournaments?
- Is there any betting on financial instruments like stocks?
- Are there any apps available for download to mobile devices?
- Are there any other unique elements of the site such as an engaging them or continual rewards program?
Common Questions Regarding Australian Real Money Casinos
Q. Is it legal to gamble online as an Australian?
A. Technically, no. The Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill (2016), which was an update to the Interactive Gambling Act (2001), makes it illegal for casino operators to accept real money wagers from Australian players.
The way the law is worded means it does not target Australian players. Instead, operators who run the risk of offering services to Aussie players can face steep fines (over $1 million AUD daily).
In fact, the law explicitly states that Australian players can’t be punished for signing up and gambling online.
This is why so many Australian players still play at real money casinos online. It’s illegal for operators to offer services, but many still do in order to get a slice of the Aussie online gambling pie.
Q. Can you recommend any safe Australian real money casinos?
A. Any of the casinos listed in the table above are safe and can be trusted. Each has its own in-depth review written by our experts. Feel free to check any of them out before diving in and registering.
Scroll up to the safety/security section above if you want an overview of the sort of things we pay attention to before recommending a casino as safe.
Q. How do I know I can trust your reviews?
A. We invite you to take a look at several of our reviews, rather than just one or two. What you’ll quickly find is that we take casinos to task when they offer subpar services, and we aren’t afraid to point out the strengths and weaknesses of all the sites we review.
Rather than simply claim that you can trust us, we’d prefer to let our Australian casino reviews do the talking for us.