There’s a good argument to be made that the 24 Hours of Le Mans deserves the title of the toughest race in motorsports. The event is extremely challenging for the drivers, the cars, the mechanics, and pretty much anyone involved. And the fans love it!
If you want to make the experience even more exciting, you could try betting on it. To make it easy to get started, we have selected the best 24 Hours of Le Mans betting sites for you.
|Rank||VA Gambling Site||Sign Up Bonus||Get Started|
|#1||BetUS||125% up to $2,500||Visit Site|
|#2||BetOnline||50% up to $1,000||Visit Site|
|#3||Bovada||50% bonus up to $250||Visit Site|
|#4||Sportsbetting.ag||50% up to $1,000||Visit Site|
|#5||MyBookie||50% up to $1,000||Visit Site|
The best sites for betting on The 24 Hours of Le Mans online offer high odds, great bonuses, fast payouts, and other perks that help them beat the competition.
We explain more about their main advantages later on this page. We also share our top Le Mans 24 Hours betting tips, key facts about the competition, and an overview of all markets that you can bet on.
Where to Bet on 24 Hours of Le Mans Online
Our advice is that you join one of the best online 24 Hours of Le Mans betting sites on this page. We constantly monitor online sportsbooks and bookmakers to ensure we bring you the very best for betting on any specific sport or event.
We use various criteria to compile the rankings you see above; let’s take a closer look at them.
- Integrity and Reputation – We only picked 24 Hours of Le Mans betting sites that can be trusted thanks to their strong reputation and top-notch security.
- Le Mans Betting Markets – We recommend online bookmakers that offer plenty of different wagers and 24 Hours of Le Mans live betting.
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Betting Odds – This one is pretty obvious, but you need good odds to have the best chance to win money betting on Le Mans.
- Reliable Mobile Betting – All of our top-rated online sportsbooks offer mobile betting sites or 24 Hours of Le Mans betting apps to their customers.
- Bonuses and Promotions – The best 24 Hours of Le Mans betting apps and sites have plenty of bonuses and promotions that can be used to gamble on the race.
- Fast Withdrawals – Once the race is done and you want to withdraw your money, you won’t have to wait for too long.
If you prefer to conduct your own research before you decide where to bet on 24 Hours of Le Mans online, we strongly recommend evaluating the same factors.
Now let’s look at the different wagering options and some basics of successful Le Mans gambling.
How to Bet on the 24 Hours of Le Mans
Many people don’t even know that you can bet on the 24 Hours of Le Mans with real cash, but the opportunity is there at plenty of sportsbooks online.
If you have never done it before, we have prepared a quick overview of the different betting options. We’ve also added essential tips on how to make the best of every Le Mans betting market.
24 Hours of Le Mans Betting Markets
The variety of options is not as big as for other motorsports like Formula 1 or NASCAR, but there are still more than enough 24 Hours of Le Mans bets available if you are interested in the race.
Here’s what’s on offer every year at the top sites and apps for 24 Hours of Le Mans betting online.
- Race Winner – You can back any driver or team to finish first in the Le Mans 24 hours. This is available weeks or even months before the start of the competition.
- Top Finish – If you are not too confident in the chances of a driver or team to win, but still expect a good run, you can pick the top 3/5/10 finish markets instead.
- Winning Constructor – If you want to bet on the 24 Hours of Le Mans winner in the constructor’s battle, many online bookmakers oblige.
- Class Winner – The race includes four different classes: two for custom-built Le Mans Prototypes (LMP1 and LMP2) and two production-based GT classes (GT Endurance Pro and GT Endurance AM). The winner in each earns a separate prize and you can place wagers on each class.
- Head-To-Head Le Mans Betting – 24 Hours of Le Mans gambling sites offer multiple driver/team pairs and you can back either of the two sides to beat the other.
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Props – You can occasionally find prop bets related to individual contestants, the nationality of the winner, or over/unders on the number of drivers to finish the race.
- 24 Hours of Le Mans Live Betting – You can keep betting on the 24 Hours of Le Mans online from the moment the race starts almost to the very end. There are plenty of live wagers available and we explain best strategies for them later.
The top-rated 24 Hours of Le Mans online sportsbooks cover all of these markets, so you have more than enough choices for the race.
It’s a good idea to learn some basics before risking your money, so here’s what you need to know.
24 Hours of Le Mans Betting Tips
If you don’t prepare properly for your Le Mans bets then you’re liable to make mistakes and end up losing money.
The following tips can help you avoid the most common errors and should be implemented in your betting strategy.
- Bet on the Internet – 24 Hours of Le Mans online betting is usually much better than visiting a land-based bookie. The odds are higher, there are more bonuses, and you save a ton of time.
- Follow the Preparations – All teams and constructors work hard for the 24 of Le Mans. While you won’t find too many details about their preparations, there is news every now and then. There are also other endurance races that could serve as strong indicators of what’s going on.
- Shop for the Best Lines – Taking your time to check the odds at a few of the best sites to bet on the 24 Hours of Le Mans can lead to higher returns.
- Check for Rule Changes – The rules for the cars, the drivers, and the race as a whole often change. Take the time to check if there are new regulations that might be important from a gambling perspective.
- Bet for Value – If you simply bet money on the 24 Hours of Le Mans based on your instincts, you will probably lose. Learn how to evaluate the value for Le Man odds and think in probabilities.
These essential 24 Hours of Le Mans betting tips apply to pretty much every market you might decide to target.
There are other strategies that can help you improve your chances to win even further, so let’s dive into them.
Betting on the 24 Hours of Le Mans Before the Race
You can bet on Le Mans 24 Hours before the competition has started and that’s a popular way to go. You can spend the necessary time to dig deep into your analysis, and the odds are unlikely to change quickly.
Furthermore, the best 24 Hours of Le Mans betting apps release most markets several days before the start of the race and the main ones are up even weeks before that. That opens a large window which means you need to decide when is best to place your wagers.
Betting Early vs. Betting Just Before the Start
You can usually bet on the 24 Hour of Le Mans winner weeks or even months before the competition begins. There are obviously huge differences based on your timing.
The advantages of betting early are mostly for people who follow motorsports closely. The 24 Hours of Le Mans online bookmakers often make mistakes in their odds at this stage because of the limited info. They might miss a rising team or driver.
If the odds for a potential dark horse are really high, it’s likely that the betting sites will fix their mistake by the last day or two before the race. That’s when you should consider betting on the favorites. The odds for them are very low early on, but they often rise as the race gets closer and other contenders emerge.
Analyze the Constructors
Before you focus on the drivers, it’s a good idea to check how each constructor is doing.
The cars are the key to success in the 24 Hours of Le Mans because it takes hard work by all the mechanics and engineers to build a machine that can last for an entire day at such a high speed.
Not all constructors invest the same resources into competing at Le Mans. A quick look at the most successful manufacturers clearly shows a few brands that stand out.
|Constructor||Number of Titles||Last Title|
The German constructors Porsche and Audi have dominated the 2000s and 2010s, but Toyota has been on the rise more recently. The Japanese manufacturer won three in a row between 2018 and 2020.
It’s clear that Toyota is investing heavily for the competition nowadays, so you should consider that when working on your 24 Hours of Le Mans picks.
Evaluate the Drivers
Next in line are the drivers. According to the latest 24 Hours of Le Mans rules, the teams can use just two drivers for the race with some restrictions. However, all of the leading organizations prefer to rotate three drivers throughout the competition. That’s not only the safest approach, but it also delivers the best results.
You should always analyze every single member of the team when you evaluate the 24 Hours of Le Mans odds. One or two strong drivers are not enough; all three need to be competent. Experience is the key and you should always take former F1 drivers seriously. They have been very successful when it comes to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, with more than ten of them winning the title.
Top pros from other motorsports also deserve special attention, especially if they have performed well in other endurance races.
Analyzing the Qualifiers and the Practice Sessions
The 24 Hours of Le Mans features multiple practice sessions, a main qualifying session, and a Hyper-Pole session designed to determine the starting the grid.
Unlike shorter races such as in F1 and MotoGP, the position at the beginning of the race is barely significant. The nature of Le Mans means there’s more than enough time to make up for a slight disadvantage over the course of the competition.
That doesn’t mean you should completely ignore the practice and the qualifiers, though. They provide each team with the last chance to fine-tune the car before the race.
The mood of the drivers and the engineers could be telling if they feel confident in their chance. Make sure you observe what’s going on. You can do this objectively, in terms of times and results, and also follow the body language and team communications.
Betting on the 24 Hours of Le Mans Live
All of the leading Le Mans betting sites offer the opportunity to place wagers after the race has started. A lot of people prefer this option because it allows them to see the true potential of each car before money is on the line.
There’s nothing wrong with this approach, but you should consider the following tips when you’re working on your 24 Hours of Le Mans predictions after the race has started.
Do Your Homework
It’s still beneficial to know what every team and driver can offer. You should follow the same steps you would if you were gambling before the start.
That will help you understand what the more likely outcomes are. Combining that with an assessment of the latest developments is the best way to win money.
Watch the Race and Follow the Stats
It’s also important to follow the stats and the latest updates. The Le Mans 24 hours official website features plenty of useful updates, times, and other objective factors that could help you evaluate the different contestants.
Follow the Weather Forecasts
There are exceptions, though, and we’ve seen all sorts of situations that include strong winds, rain, and storms.
That’s why it’s crucial to check the latest weather forecasts. If major changes are coming, that can create opportunities for many twists and surprising winners. It could be your chance to hit the Le Mans betting apps hard.
At the same time, if the expectations are for good weather, the favorites that are going strong are more likely to stay ahead.
Analyze Driver Performance
Most teams use three drivers because that gives them more flexibility in terms of strategy and rotations. Try to figure out what the plan is for each team and that could help you immensely.
You should also see what the competition has to offer. Are the strongest drivers about to enter the race?
Trying to predict how all drivers are going to perform at any given stage is essential for your live 24 Hours of Le Mans bets, both in terms of finding the best value and picking the right timing.
Fun Facts about the 24 Hours of Le Mans
We’ve shared our main tips on how to bet on the 24 Hours of Le Mans successfully and hopefully you can follow them and make some money.
We’ll leave you with some interesting facts about the race. They showcase how unique the competition is and why so many people love it.
- 24 Hours of Le Mans champion Dan Gurney started the tradition of popping champagne in 1967. This is now done by race winners in all motorsports.
- Tom Kristensen is the most successful Le Mans driver ever with nine wins. He drove an Audi in seven of them.
- The famous Mulsanne Straight is the fastest section of the circuit and the highest speed recorded there is 251 mph. It’s 6 kilometers long (3.7 miles).
- The start of the race is announced by dropping a French tricolor. The traditional checkered flag signals the finish.
- Unfortunately, there have been many fatalities at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. No accident can compare to what happened in 1955, when French driver Pierre Levegh flew into the air and hit a wall with his car. It exploded, killing him and 83 fans. More than 100 other people were injured.
- Porsche cars have finished first and second in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1971, 1987, 1998, and 2015.
- The 24 Hours of Le Mans has been cancelled 10 times. The first one was because of a labor strike in 1936 and the next nine were because of World War II.
- The driver with the most starts at the race is Henri Pescarolo. The Frenchman participated 33 times in a row between 1966 and 1999, winning on four occasions.
- The famous competition has inspired many movies, including the famous 1971 film titled “Le Mans” with Steve McQueen, who’s a passionate racer himself. More recently there was the Academy Award-winning “Ford vs. Ferrari” that was released in 2019.