Gambling with Bitcoin has become a big thing in the last few years, and as the world’s favorite cryptocurrency keeps gaining acceptance, we know with a fair degree of certainty that it’s going to become one of the most popular ways to make deposits and withdrawals at online gambling sites in the not-too-distant future.
Of course, you probably already know that, since you landed on a page about UK Bitcoin gambling sites. As it so happens, we have a list of trustworthy UK bitcoin gambling sites, pre-checked and fully vetted by our expert team.
Don’t worry; we don’t expect you to accept our recommendations on blind faith. If you’re already using (or thinking about using) Bitcoin to gamble online, we can guess you’re slightly ahead of the masses when it comes to these things, so we’re happy to take the time to explain how we picked these particular UK Bitcoin gambling sites from the hundreds we could have picked instead.
Why Did We Pick These Sites?
We have a strict set of criteria or standards which we use to judge all of the UK bitcoin gambling sites we review. We didn’t just pick the name LegitGamblingSites.com out of thin air – we picked it because we only want to list the best sites – and our criteria is our guiding light, so to speak, helping us separate the wheat from the chaff.
All of the UK Bitcoin gambling sites that we recommend meet the descriptions below.
- Trustworthy: They won’t rip you off, steal your Bitcoin, and disappear. They have solid reputations, are run by professional casino operators who have experience in the industry, and run on secure, encrypted connections, ensuring your data (including your Bitcoins) is in safe hands.
- Diverse: These sites offer lots of Bitcoin casino games including slots, table and card games,, and live dealer games. We know that no two players are exactly alike, so we picked these sites to ensure variety in the game choices. Oh, and it goes without saying that the games are tested and are definitely fair.
- Reliable: Waiting for games to load only to find they are broken or freeze, jump, and kick you out is one of the chief pet peeves of casino players across the web. So is waiting for slow, unprofessional customer support agents to get back to you. We make sure our recommended UK Bitcoin gambling sites offer reliable games and reliable service.
- Mobile-Ready: You’ll be able to gamble on the go at these sites. It doesn’t matter if you’re using an iOS tablet or an Android phone; these UK Bitcoin gambling sites are mobile-friendly and in many cases have apps which you can download and enjoy directly from your device.
Why Use Bitcoin to Gamble Online?
Generally, we get two types of readers visiting this section of our site – those who are sold on gambling with Bitcoin and are just looking for a great UK Bitcoin gambling site, and those who are curious about the subject and want to know more.
First, we’ll lay out what we know to be the advantages of gambling with Bitcoin. In the next section, we’ll take a look at some of the drawbacks. This way, you’ll get a complete picture that won’t be biased.
So, about those positives to gambling with Bitcoin…
- Speed – We don’t like waiting 3-5 business days to receive our jackpots any more than you do. It quite frankly sucks to have to wait that long, but did you know it isn’t always the casino that’s causing the holdup? It’s the banking system, which is slow, outdated, and cumbersome compared to the lightning-fast transactions Bitcoin offers. You can have your Bitcoin jackpots just minutes after the casino cashier gives the green light.
- Savings – At a time in the past, Bitcoin got a bad rep in the press because fees escalated to almost $40 per transaction. Those days are long gone. Nowadays, Bitcoin fees are minuscule, and thanks to innovations like the Lightning Network, they’re going to keep getting cheaper. You can wave goodbye and good riddance to those 2.5% credit card transaction fees on withdrawals and the dreaded “cash advance” fees on deposits via credit or debit cards.
- Privacy – Not that long ago, most people didn’t care about privacy. That isn’t the case any longer, as awareness has grown about how much data financial firms are selling and just what they’re tracking. Gambling can have a negative impact on your credit score and can cause banks to look at you in an unfavorable light, among other downsides. Bitcoin takes care of those problems by creating a wall of separation between you and your finances. All the bank (or anyone else) will see is that you bought Bitcoins. What you did with them is your business and your business alone.
- Volatility – The wild price upswings and crashes Bitcoin experiences can cause many to back away from the cryptocurrency. But not us – we’re gamblers, after all! We see volatility as a good thing, and since the price has historically recovered and surpassed previous highs after previous Bitcoin price crashes, we know that sitting on Bitcoin jackpots for long enough virtually guarantees they will be worth more in the future. You could win $2,000 today, and it could be worth $4,000 in a month.
- Security – Did you know that ever since the Bitcoin blockchain was created, it has never been hacked? That’s 10 years of proven impenetrable encryption guarding your payments. Believe us, that’s not because hackers haven’t been trying – it’s because hacking the Bitcoin blockchain is as close to impossible as reality can get. The hacks and heists you have heard about in the media are due to incorrect use and storage of Bitcoin. We’ll show you how to avoid that, though. In reality, when used correctly, Bitcoin is possibly the safest online payment method known to man.
Are There Drawbacks to Gambling with Bitcoin?
It would be one-sided and against the unbiased nature of this site to only report the good sides of UK Bitcoin gambling sites. We feel it’s our duty to inform you, our readers, of the other side of the coin as well.
Here are some of the potential drawbacks to gambling with Bitcoin…
- Knowledge – If you’re totally new to Bitcoin, you’ll need to learn how to use it properly. For example, you’ll need to learn how to buy Bitcoin, and then you’ll need to learn how to move it around using Bitcoin wallet addresses. This isn’t as daunting as it first sounds, and after one or two transactions, you’ll be confident using Bitcoin. However, for the less tech-savvy among you, using Bitcoin might be challenging to begin with.
- Scams – Because of the learning curve involved in using Bitcoin, there are plenty of predators out there who will put the screws to you and rob you of your crypto coins by running scam gambling sites. We detest these guys with a passion, as they bring down the entire industry and give a bad name to something we’re passionate about (gambling online), so we go out of our way to identify and expose them. Once we find them, we add them to our casino blacklist. Stick with our trusted, expert-reviewed sites, and you’ll avoid these rogue gambling sites.
- Volatility – Now, we know we mentioned volatility as a positive above, so how can something be both a good thing and a bad thing at the same time? The truth is, it’s all in your perspective, and it depends on your tolerance for risk. Just as Bitcoin can rise dramatically and double your winnings in no time, it also has a tendency to flash-crash, meaning you could lose 10% in a couple of days. This can be annoying, but as we said previously, if you have the patience to wait it out, the price has historically always recovered and risen to new highs.
- Taxes – Each country has its own laws and regulations surrounding both gambling and cryptocurrency. In the UK, gambling wins are not taxed, but cryptocurrency gains are subject to capital gains tax. This creates some confusion surrounding the question of whether or not to pay tax on winnings. As the crypto regulations are changing faster than anyone can keep up with around the world, our only advice here is to speak to an accountant if you do land a life-changing jackpot. It’s always best to stay on the right side of the law!
How to Gamble with Bitcoin Online in the UK
The good news is that gambling with Bitcoin in the UK is 100% legal and allowed, so there are no backdoors to go through, hoops to jump through, or workarounds to consider. Using Bitcoin to gamble online is an easy, three-step process.
(1) Register at a UK Bitcoin Gambling Site
This should be the first step in the process. You need to read some reviews and decide which site is for you. For example, do you want to play Bitcoin casino games, or do you want to bet on sports using Bitcoin? Maybe you want to do both? These are the things you need to consider while reading our reviews. Check out the next section for some ideas of what you should be looking for.
(2) Buy Bitcoins at a Cryptocurrency Exchange
This is the part many new users get intimidated by, but we assure you that it’s nowhere near as difficult as it first seems. You need to pick a safe cryptocurrency exchange, and you can buy Bitcoins using your credit or debit card. These will show up in your exchange balance, just like pounds would show up in your bank account.
(3) Transfer the Bitcoins to the UK Bitcoin Gambling Site
By now, you have picked a safe gambling site to bet/play at, so all you’ll need is the Bitcoin wallet address linked to your casino account. Talk to the customer service team and confirm you’ve got it right if you want to be double-sure. You can even copy and paste it.
Once you’re sure, hit “send” and move the Bitcoin from your exchange address to your gambling site address. Within a few minutes, they will appear, and then it’s time to gamble!
How to Pick the Best UK Bitcoin Gambling Sites
While the UK Bitcoin gambling sites listed on this page have been vetted by our team and have in-depth reviews for you to read, it’s still good to know what you’re after going in. We suggest asking yourself the following questions either before or as you read the reviews:
Do you want to play casino games, bet on sports, play poker, or a combination of these?
If you want to play casino games, which are most important to you?
What sort of money are you hoping to play with?
How comfortable are you gambling with Bitcoin?
Are you looking for bonuses? If so, what kind?
If you’re able to answer the above five questions, you’ll be well on your way to picking the best UK Bitcoin gambling sites for you.
We hope you enjoy gambling with Bitcoin and find a great site for the long run!